As an MOD school we are well aware of the anxieties that mobility can have on our families and we work hard to ensure that all pupils settle in quickly. We welcome every child and family warmly, doing all we can support their transition and ensure a positive and rewarding learning experience at our school.
Admission to MOD Schools requires Confirmation of Educational Supportability prior to a family posting overseas. Without Confirmation of Educational Supportability children cannot be admitted to an MOD school.
Please read the Educational Supportability Assessment Information Leaflet prior to applying for a place in Episkopi Primary School. This will explain the process and let you know what to expect.
As part of the admission process, you will be required to complete an Educational Supportability Assessment Request (ESAR), which requests relevant information e.g. name of child, date of birth, name, rank, service number (if applicable), assignment date, family details, details of any educational, social or emotional additional needs and contact details for the current school. You will be asked to give consent for the school to contact the current school and request information on your child using the Overseas Education & Supportability form (OES).
- The Admissions Administrator will then request an Overseas Education & Supportability form (OES) is completed by the child’s current school.
- If there are any special educational needs or medical needs, then Mrs Favis (SENCO) will contact your child’s school and consider what support your child may need, before Confirmation of Educational Supportability may be granted.
- In some instances, we may require further advice whether a child’s needs can be met.
- If your child has a significant level of special needs, has current involvement from other agencies or there are potential resource implications, then a MOD Assessment of Suitability Overseas (MASO) may be required.
- The MASO (MOD Assessment of Supportability Overseas) process can take up to 8 weeks. The MASO leaflet on this page explains this process in detail.
- Once Confirmation of Educational Supportability has been granted and arrival dates are confirmed a provisional visiting and start date can be agreed.
First things first:
Please download, complete and return to our school office the 'EPS Educational Supportability Assessment Request' Form' below.